can we take a minute to appreciate how BEAUTIFUL the colors are in this winter citrus salad?
THE RED. THE PINK. THE ORANGE. i can’t even.
because it’s the holiday season, i’m SO busy all the time and super focused on quick and easy recipes.
i want things that are easy to throw together to bring to a party… that are still DELICIOUS and… pretty. because my food has to look pretty or it’s not worth it.
are you guys feeling that? like overwhelmed and like there are TOO many things to do at all times?
we have houseguests coming over christmas this year, so it’s really important that we clean the house from top to bottom and don’t just “fake clean” it all.
andddd i haven’t even THOUGHT about buying christmas gifts for people. (which is SO unlike me.)
plus i have gift guides to put together and recipes to photograph for the time that we’re going to be away from the apartment.
plus trying to meal plan and come up with staples that are easy AND delish/easy to whip up on the whim.
LOOK AT THAT FRUIT.
ugh. fruit is a health food right? olive oil is too… right?
- 2 naval oranges
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Use a knife to cut off the skin of the oranges and grapefruit, making sure you can see the little fruit beads all over when you're finished! Use a pairing knife and cut along the segment walls to remove the segments without any of the skin.
- Arrange the fruit on a platter or plate.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fruit.
- Slice the basil leaves into small ribbons (i just use scissors!) and sprinkle them over the fruit.
and to all a plate of fruit and a good night.
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links and/or other affiliate/referral links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. i may earn discounts or a percentage of purchases through other affiliate/referral links within this post. I only endorse products/services I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i’m recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.