HURRY UPPPPPPPPP summer is almost over and all i need in this world is for you to make these whole30 creamsicles!
HURRY HURRY HURRY.
sorry, that's slightly aggressive.
… but really, hurry.
these pops are just TWO ingredients and i swear they taste like their namesake, i PINKY PROMISE.
anddddddd they're whole30!
disclaimer for whole30ers: i would call these borderline. if you're battling a sugar dragon i'd probably steer away from them to be honest. these popsicles could fall into the category of pancakes or date paste creamer on the whole30. if you don't have an issue with ice cream or popsicles or sweets just in general i'd consider these a cool, refreshing, BEAT THE HEAT treat.
^ food for thought!
p.s. if you're looking for a cool treat that's not as sweet check out these passion tea berry pops!
lucky for me, frankie and i both don't really have an intense battle with a “sugar dragon” that comes out that often. when we cut out sugar all together its really not drastically different from our general diet anyway. these popsicles ARE sweet (naturally), but i was okay with it because we don't have ice cream that often and we're not addicted to popsicles in general.
it was just a really hot july/august and we had to cope somehow.
andddd we used my favorite popsicle mold again!
(which i actually had to buy another one because mine fell out of the freezer and brokeeeeee a few weeks ago)
it just doesn't get any easier than this. i swearrrrr.
you know what else?
these would make GREAT healthy, back-to-school treats for your kids!
all of the pour shots are happening in this post.
but i loved them all and couldn't help myself.
OH btw. i'm SOOOOO excited for my new camera to get here. it's coming in on wednesday! YAY. i can't wait to use it!!
my bff Mikki is coming into town on thursday and we'll be hanging out on friddayyyy so hopefully i get to use it while she is here. she and i never take pictures together and that's like the worst. womp womp. her birthday was last week and i had NO pictures of us from this past year. can you even BELIEVE IT?
oh alsoooo i'm going to a wedding so i'll be using the camera there to hopefully get some cute shots! and a cookout with frankies family too! we've got so much going on this weekend! what do YOU have going on?? tell me all the things!
should we pull up chairs and chat about your plans over a homemade creamsicle?
i think so. it seems like the ONLY right thing to do.
but actually i'm currently day dreaming about how to make it acceptable to put these in some sort of alcoholic beverage. which would make our plans 10X more dreamy!!
if you come up with an idea let me know.
- 1 + 1/2 cup fresh orange juice(make sure it's whole30 compliant!)
- 1 + 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (i use the [url href=”http://amzn.to/2bgoK5U” target=”_blank”]califa farms one[/url] because it's compliant)
- Whisk together the orange juice and almond milk. Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for at a minimum of 3 hours.
- To remove the popsicles, run the bottom of the molds under hot water to loosen!
happy september whole30!
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links and/or other affiliate/referral links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. i may earn discounts or a percentage of purchases through other affiliate/referral links within this post. I only endorse products/services I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i’m recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.