because… it’s thirsty thursday!
and i’m bringing you punch! yes!
(what’s with the exclamation points?)
i have no clue. I’ll stop. or try to at least.
KIWIS! <- crap.
is it kiwis or kiwi? is kiwi plural? i honestly have no clue. i DO know they’re delicious.
JUST LOOK AT IT. <- that could have been an explanation point, but CONSCIOUSLY chose not to.
but seriously, look at it. isn’t it GORG?
i had NO clue how to peel that sucker. who knew you can use a spoon?! not me. i for sure didn’t know. but you can, and its like super easy once you get the hang of it.
can we sidebar JUST for a second? I’m in Chicago right now and um it’s BEAUTIFUL out and i have a lakefront suite and there are all these SAILBOATS out on the water and I think i have a new life goal. can I have one? can I make frankie buy me one? they’re just so PRETTY and i want to be out on the water and and and… frankie, i’d even settle for a speedboat!
okay. back to punch.
So frankie and I went to brunch the other week (for a future date “night” really date “morning”?) and had the most amazing vodka punch! I kept thinking it was watermelon and mint. i was like practically 100% sure… and then i asked our waitress and she was like KIWI! watermelon kiwi punch!
it was so easy to drink and super smooth and i was obsessed and on the walk home I made us stop at the grocery store to get all the ingredients we needed for me to try and recreate it at home.
because…. do i really need a reason?
(p.s. I added mint to mine because i’m still convinced its necessary for the flavor explosion)
now i’m pretty much convinced that its the only summer drink worth your time. its most certainly the only summer drink worth MY time.
it could quite possibly be the only think i want to drink forevaaaa
and btw. you don’t need a juicer! I just used a flour sack as a cheese cloth to strain the juice – to be honest, I don’t know how a juicer would handle watermelon? so i’d recommend using the method i wrote in the recipe!
serve it with some super cute straws and ice cubes and chips and bean salad and you’ve got yourself a partay.
oh. oh. oh. you can also make this virrrrgin… if you must. just leave out the vodka and maybe add a splash of club soda to make it a fancy shmancy spritzer? oh yeah.
- ¼ whole seedless watermelon
- 4 whole kiwis
- 1 cup vodka
- Peel and slice the kiwi fruits, throw the slices of one kiwi into a pitcher and the other three into a blender (or food processor).
- Using a melon baller, measure out one cup of watermelon balls to add to the pitcher for aesthetics. Dice the rest of the watermelon and put five cups worth into the blender with the kiwi.
- Blend the fruit until it is broken down. Using a cheese cloth (or a fine mesh sieve if you don't have a cheese cloth) strain the blended fruit to get watermelon/kiwi juice.
- Add the juice to the pitcher and add in the cup of vodka. Mix to combine and serve over ice for a cool summer punch.
sign me up for a glass… or three.
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen