Dark Chocolate Caramel Pumpkin Cake
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (15oz)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1 container of cool whip (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chocolate sea salt caramel dessert sauce
- heath bits
- caramel sundae sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer, combine cake mix and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate chips and combine into the mixture.
- Slightly warm the chocolate sea salt caramel sauce by placing it in a cup I just used the measuring cup submerging in warm water. Gently fold the sauce into the cake batter and pour into a greased 9 by 13 baking dish. Lightly swirl a spatula through the batter to ensure even distribution of the chocolate sauce if necessary.
- Bake according to the cake mix box directions (approximately 23-30 minutes).
- Allow the cake to cool for ten minutes. Then using a toothpick or the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes into the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, making sure it gets into the holes and soaks in.
- Refrigerate for at least thirty minutes, but ideally for a full hour.
- Evenly spread the cool whip over the top of the cooled cake. Drizzle caramel sundae sauce over the cool whip and sprinkle health bits on top of everything.
- Refrigerate for at least another hour before serving. If you want to save it or aren’t serving it right away (what?), I’ve had success keeping the cake in the fridge for up to four days!
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 403
- Sugar: 25
- Sodium: 4170
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 67
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 15