womppppp womppppp womp! i had no clue i was about to take an ALMOST TWO WEEK hiatus over my holiday break… but dare i say i needed it? its funny because the day before i left i went crazy and made THREE recipes that i could post while i was away… including these sea salt + dark chocolate scotcheroos!
and then i never posted them. ugh i’m the worst. i’m so sorrrrrryyy i made you wait this long for these… but the wait is over.
I dooooo want to have a chat about some feelings i have/my blogging future (don’t worry i’m not stopping) but that’s a story for a different day.
todayyyyy we’re gonna ring in 2017 with MY FAVORITE DESSERT/SNACK EVER.
here’s the thing. i’ve never met someone who didn’t like a scotcheroo.
as in NEVER.
they were always the thing me and my friends BEGGED for. (and i always snatched at least one up when my mom was “plating” them to bring to a cookout)
they’re basically a peanut butter rice krispie treat with chocolate && butterscotch on top.
i can’t even.
but i obviously can’t leave well enough alone and i dressed it up a bit… in the BEST way. with dark chocolate and sea salt.
for the rice krispie treat portion i mixed dark chocolate peanut butter and normal creamy peanut butter together. it was bomb. but i don’t even know where to find that… my mom gave it to me forever ago? so if you JUST have normal creamy peanut butter you’re totes fine. i make them that way too and they’re DELISH.
or… you could get cray and do CRUNCHY. what? who said that?
wait can we side line for a second? can i tell you that i used to hate chunky peanut butter? now i freaking buy mega chunk because its amazing and i’m in love.
who am i?!
ugh. we’re on day 3 of the tone it up challenge and these are DEFINITELY not in my future… but they look so freaking good.
WAHHH. make me one and let me smell it?
you’re an angel.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (or do half normal peanut butter & half dark chocolate peanut butter!)
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- sea salt
- Place corn syrup and sugar into a medium saucepan. Over medium heat let the sugar dissolve, stirring constantly. When the mixture begins to boil, remove the pan from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Add in the rice krispies and gently stir until the cereal is well coated. Lightly press the mixture into 9 by 13 inch pan coated with cooking spray. (i use wax paper and press it in with my hands)
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture.
- Let stand until firm. Cut into bars or square once they cool & firm up.
letttt’s end it with a beard shot. because frankie literally can’t let go of these!
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links and/or other affiliate/referral links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. i may earn discounts or a percentage of purchases through other affiliate/referral links within this post. I only endorse products/services I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i’m recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.