Roasted Zucchini and Corn Salsa
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup diced/minced red onion
- 1/2 lime
- garlic salt
- white pepper
- canola oil spray
- Set your oven to broil.
- Spread your frozen corn onto a baking sheet and set aside. Dice your zucchini into small cubes and spread onto the same baking sheet. Spray the vegetables with canola oil and season with garlic salt and pepper. Broil for three minutes.
- While the vegetables are broiling, mince the clove of garlic. Remove the baking sheet and add the minced garlic while turning the vegetables.
- Broil for approximately ten minutes; the zucchini will be soft and the corn should begin turning brown from the heat. Remove and set aside.
- Mince or dice your red onion ( I minced mine so that no one would get large chunks of red onion, but it’s totally personal preference here>). Chop about a tablespoon of fresh cilantro.
- Transfer the zucchini and corn to a bowl and mix in the red onion and cilantro. Squeeze the juice of the lime into the bowl and mix to combine.
- Taste and add more cilantro or lime if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 187
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 14
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 55
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 0