i hatttttte posting late on a Tuesday.
actuallyi hate posting late ANY day. but for some weird reason I always feel like recipe posts are special and should be ON TIME.
plus this is, like, breakfast… so we should be reading about it in the morrrrrrning. right? (except this doubles as my new version of ice cream so maybe it’s okay for a dinner snack? ice cream for dinner that you don’t have to feel guilty about?)
ALAS. here we are. posting this late. AGAIN. womp womp wompppppp. but! I went on a run yesterday and was busy studying because work is crazyyyy right now but! it’s okay because we can dive into a big ol’ bowl of loveeeeee
I always was the first one off the diving board. it’s my adventurous streak. I loveeeee it.
also, diving reminds me of summmmmer! I love summer!
know what goes great with summer? a superfood smoothie bowl! YAS.
this stuff is da domb. aka super good for you. but for realz. it’s a Chinese superfruit that has tonsssss of amino acids, antioxidents, and is super rich is vitamins! uhhhhhmmm can you say goddess bowl? YAS. (p.s. this stuff is supposed to help with your complexion too, and I’ve been breaking out like crazy this summer)
also, can you just tell I finished with work? I’m VERY excitable when I get off work. hahahah.
so. let’s talk about coconut water! harmless is my personal favorite brand. but I can’t drink it straight? is that weird? put some rum in it in mexico and I’m on board, but tell me it’s plain and I’m all NO.
coconut water is SOOOO good for you though. so I try to fit it in when I’m not paying attention.
(how am I legally an adult? THAT is the real question)
but really. coconut water is full of electrolytes, but it’s natural. so it’s WAY better than Gatorade. trust me.
and then! raspberries! because um hi I’m a sucker for a pretty color. but also because I’m obsessed with them right now.
ALSO. have you ever gone around pronouncing the P in raspberries? I like to do it subtly and then giggle to myself because I’m bizarre.
do you even SEE how creamy that looks? because it is.
it’s like froyo…. that you can eat for breakfast.
HECK throw some protein powder in there and eat it for dinner! (I’m a good influence)
toppings! YES. I cut up cute little key limes to put on top here, BUT I DIDN’T EAT THEM. HAHAH. but! I did go crazy for the chia seeds and the vanilla almond bare naked granolaaaaa.
side note: send me your favorite granola recipes because I NEEEEEEED them! I’m going to embark on that adventure next! also, can you please tell me how long my homemade granola will last after I make it?
I think I’m mesmerized by how delicious this looks. and how shiny it looks. and how pretty it looks. and… how hungry I now am?
BRINNER! except Frankie and I are going out to dinner with his mom tonight so… BRINNER TOMORROW!
thanks for putting up with me. you’re all just lovely. now grab a spoon, it’s diving time!
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 container fage key lime greek yogurt
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon goji powder
- chia seeds
- banana slices
- sliced almonds
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend!
- Pour into a bowl and top with whatever toppings you choose!
- a blender (mine is the ninja mega system and i loveee it)
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links and/or other affiliate/referral links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. I only endorse products I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i’m recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.