pizza! easy pizza! french bread pizza! HAWAIIAN FRENCH BREAD PIZZA!
oh. em. gee.
let’s cruise down the easy train to pizza-ville. scratch that. why am i talking like this? OY i have no idea what is wrong with me. i embarrass myself on a daily basis. sigh.
WAIT. before we chat pizza, lets discusssssss SAUCE.
do you think i have a pizza problem? even if i do, it only means i’m qualified to say… this sauce is da bomb. (will you still make the pizza if i promise to never say da bomb again?)
here’s what we’re going to do. we’re going to get a warm, freshly baked loaf of french bread and make a pizza out of it!
why? because it’s easy/simple/delicious <- the trifecta of my favorite reasons to make a recipe. it just doesn’t get any better than that. OH except that it’s cheap too. gotta love that.
so let’s just slice the loaf of bread in two & toast it for a couple minutes to get it mildly crispy before you assemble the pizzas with the toppings.
step two: spread on some of your pizza sauce! i don’t like a whole ton of sauce on my pizzas but it’s totally up to you on how much you use!
then we’re gonna add mozzarella!
i bought a ball of mozzarella and sliced it up super thin & then tore it into shreds myself – but you can totally buy a bag of pre-shredded cheese.
then we’re going to layer on some torn up honey ham.
i asked my grocer to cut the ham slices SUPER thin because that’s my favorite way to have it. plus, the thinner the ham the crispier it’ll get in the oven.
i added a little bit of extra mozz on top of the ham!
thennnn we’re gonna top it all off with some fresh pineapple chunks.
OR you could just buy a can of crushed pineapple to really make this easier. just drain the can and spread the pineapple out onnnnn the pizza!
lastly, you can sprinkle whatever mozz you have leftover on the top and pop that sucker in the oven!
the pizzas bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melty, the bread is crispy, and the pineapple is just turning golden.
ugh doesn’t it look SO GOOD?
it is. (in case you were wondering)
if i were you i’d let the bread cool for a couple minutes before trying to cut it into pieces to avoid burning your fingers!
but after a couple minutes you can cut it into sections and serve them up! they’re great as dinner or even as an appetizer for parties or just hanging out with friends or something!
- 1 french baguette
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella, thinly sliced
- ¼ pound honey ham
- 1 cup pineapple cubed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the baguette in half and slice it lengthwise. Toast the four baguette pieces in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the baguette halves. Layer the mozzarella, ham, and pineapple on top of the sauce.
- Bake in the oven on a baking sheet (or pizza stone) for ten minutes.
- Cut the pizzas into sections and serve immediately.
you know what the best day to have pizza is? any day that ends in day. yup.
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. I only endorse products I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i’m recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.