I know, you’re like “good – keep it off the blog, it’s cauliflower…”
and I’m here to tell you NO, you’re wrong. cauliflower is like the BEST vegetable. (a) its not green and (b) roasting it makes it taste deeeeelish. (do you hate me?)
there are a few vegetables that I truly will never eat unless they are prepared a certain way – roasted. (<–I’m looking at you asparagus) and I have to say cauliflower is one of them. I think I just really love the little bits of charring – I love burnt stuff! I’m weird
When I’m actually home, and not spending 803489 gazillion weeks on the road, I totally make this on a weekly basis.
it’s great for meal prep sundays especially if you’re whipping up a roast chicken (which if you’re not doing that, um why?)
the cauliflower florets get slightly crispy, while their stems go slightly soft and they’re dusted with the most amazing spice combinations known to man (garrrrleeeeekkk <– um? what.?! ) soooo just trust me.
for realz. I got you.
plus I mean, who doesn’t want to add a little delicious char to their veggies? it makes them taste soooo much better.
even my little brother loves roasted cauliflower… jump on the train!
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper (+ three turns of a pepper grinder with mixed peppercorns, if available
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove cauliflower florets from the core with a knife. Chop the florets into bite sizes and transfer to a bowl.
- Pour oil over cauliflower and mix to coat. Add the spices and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread the cauliflower over an un-greased cookie sheet. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes. Occasionally remove the sheet and flip/shake the cauliflower.
- Remove from the oven and allow a few minutes to cool. Enjoy!
just one more bite?
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen