- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 240
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- 1 roasted chicken, meat removed
- 2-3 celery stalks, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces (or use baby carrots!)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- salt & pepper
- After you finish roasting the chicken and removing the meat place the bones/carcass into a stock pot. Add in the juices from the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Fill the pot with water until the bones are completely covered. Add in the celery, carrots, onions, and the sprig of rosemary. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bring the contents to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for at least 4 hours (ideally, you would simmer overnight).
- Strain the bones, vegetables, and herbs out of the broth. Use immediately in place of stock or store refrigerated in airtight containers for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 390
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 30
- Cholesterol: 73