Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Bacon Popcorn
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- pink himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Heat a large skillet or medium sized pot over medium/high heat. Add bacon grease and wait until the grease melts.
- Add one kernel to the skillet/pot and cover with a splatter guard until the kernel pops. This indicates that the grease is hot enough now to pop the rest. Pour the rest of the kernels into the skillet/pot and cover with the splatter guard. Shake constantly and the kernels will begin to pop.
- When the kernels start to slow down their popping, begin counting seconds between pops. The popcorn will be done when there is about 4-5 seconds in between two pops. Remove from heat.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave by heating it in a bowl for 10 second intervals, stir the chocolate in between intervals. Once the chocolate is smooth and melted, drizzle over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the popcorn before the chocolate hardens. Mix the popcorn lightly and then divide into two serving bowls and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 91
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 8