Fluffy & Flavorful Quinoa
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 3/8 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
- pinch of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and cracked black pepper
- Using a fine mesh sieve, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Set quinoa aside and allow to dry (approximately 1 hour).
- Heat a small sauce pan to medium-high. Pour the quinoa into the pan with the olive oil and allow to toast for a minute or two. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Add in the vegetable broth (or water if you prefer water), Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and cracked black pepper and stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff up the quinoa with a fork. If you still see a little liquid in the pan, cover and allow to simmer for another minute or two.
- Enjoy! Read: commence face plant.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 361
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0