YOU GUYS. let’s talk st. patrick’s day! are you gonna drink green beer and go to a place with celtic in the name? WHAT are you gonna do?
its like super exciting i feel.
these aren’t green, but they areeeeee LIME. and so good. and lime is green, so i think it counts. Do you feel jipped? please don’t! they’re great!
Next year i’ll make something a little more festive, i promise.
side note: can you believeeeee that we’ve been together for almost FOUR years. how crazy.
know what else is crazy? these chocolate bars ^^^
like omg the best thing ever crazy. like my favorite things all coming together craz– WAIT. WHAT, IM SO SORRY. SO SORRY ABOUT THIS. BUT I’M WATCHING THE BACHELOR WHILE WRITING THIS AND A NASHVILLE COMMERCIAL JUST CAME ON AND RAYNA AND DEACON ARE GETTING MARRIED WHAT?????? HAVE I BEEN GONE THAT LONG? OMG. I CANT DEAL. THIS ISN’T OKAY. I NEEEEEED TO SEE THIS.
do we think i can binge watch 34985792384 episodes by tomorrow??
Also, if we’re getting real/down with my tv situation – this is a VERY stressful episode.
i really wish i had some of these bites + chocolate to snack on… but i’m 90% sure frankie ate them all on me. ugh.
you know what’s not confusing? or stressful? Chocolate.
its like the epitome of anti-stress. and i love it. and i want it at all times.
and clearly, as you can see below, so does frankie. Have you followed his instagram, @thepikeplacethief? It’s hilarious and you totally should.
have we even really talked about what these bites are like?
they’re like little mini key lime pie larabars that we rolled up and dipped in chocolate. its wonderful.
the key lime pie larabars are my favorite! well, besides cookie dough. obvi.
the great thing about these bites is that… if you leave out the graham crackers and the chocolate they’re whole30 compliant! and don’t worry, they taste just as good without the chocolate! (but definitely make them with it after your whole30!)
plus they’re so cute! they almost look like healthy truffles from the top… i’m swooning. ❤️
make them for you. make them for your friends. make them for your coworkers!
… or just make them for you….
because you deserve them.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup toasted salted cashews
- 1 cup toasted salted almonds
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 oz himalayan sea salt dark chocolate (or just use plain dark chocolate!)
- 2 squares of graham crackers, crushed
- Sea salt
- Using a zester/grater, zest your lime and set the zest aside. Roll the lime along a table under your palm to loosen the insides. Cut the lime in half and squeeze to juice the lime.
- Combine the dates, cashews, almonds, lime zest, lime juice, and shredded coconut in a food processor and mix until there are no large chunks of nuts and the dates are almost at a paste-like consistency. It will look like a dough almost. I usually let my food processor run for about 2-3 minutes to get to this point. If it looks too crumbly, add a little more warm water and if that doesn't fix it add more dates!
- Roll the dough into equal sized balls. I use this cookie scoop to make sure that they're all the same size!
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave by heating them in 15 second intervals and stirring in between.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and dip them into the chocolate halfway. Set back on the cookie sheet and sprinkle the top with either sea salt or crushed graham crackers.
- Chill in the fridge until the chocolate hardens. Place in a ziplock bag and keep in your freezer for easy access if you're eating them through the week.
ugh. maybe i’ll have a green beer AND a few of these… yeah, that sounds right.
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. I only endorse products I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i’m recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.