First and foremost, how was your holiday? Did you drink too much eggnog, get noogied by your uncle, and eat way too much food? Yeah me neither. I’m obviously WAY too old to get noogied by my uncle…
More importantly, what are your plans for New Years? I’m going to be in New York with Frankie. We won’t be at Times Square. I just don’t feel like standing around in the cold for 12 hours only to pee myself and get pushed around by large quantities of people who can’t even “legally” drink. My days of sneaking booze into places are over.
Except at sports games… and concerts… and bars. Okay, my days aren’t over, but I’m NOT sneaking booze into New Years.
I’d just rather do fun things with my alcohol. Like put it in fruit, Jell-O, and other creative things.
Like pudding. Nom. Let’s put some alcohol in pudding.
These pudding shots taste EXACTLY like cake batter. They’re the perfect consistency. Everything about them is perfect. You should make them. They’re also perfect for that friend that requests “alcohol” in place of a “birthday cake,” ahem, Taryn.
Make them and give them to people with little sparkler candles for the New Years count down. Or just make them and hoard them to yourselves.
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
- ¾ cup of chilled milk
- ¾ cup of cake vodka (I used pinnacle)
- 4 oz whipped topping (1/2 container of Cool Whip)
- nonpareil sprinkles
- whipped cream
- Mix together the pudding mix and milk until it is at the soft set stage where it will take on a gel-like consistency. Add in the vodka and mix well.
- Fold in the whipped topping until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Lightly fold approximately 1 tablespoon of nonpareil sprinkles into the mixture. The colors of the sprinkles will run to achieve a funfetti-effect, be careful not to overfold and end up with a brown mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into individual cups and refrigerate for approximately two hours to thicken.
- Top with whipped cream and additional nonpareil sprinkles for aesthetics!