what’s your favorite cocktail? THAT is the only question worth answering right now. tell me what you like. HURRY.
mine? its definitely a toss up, but if i HAD to choose RIGHT NOW it’s a moscow mule. i loveeeeee a good moscow mule.
i’ve loved them since i lived in seattle and had THE BEST GINGER BEER EVER available to me anytime i wanted. which was always.
the ginger beer we have over on the east coast? sub. par.
but it’ll get the job done so i’ll survive i GUESS. (actually i just contemplated the merits of paying $100 for rachel’s to ship to me… so maybe i’m not surviving?)
moscow mules are just so lovely and you can barely taste the vodka. (i pretty much love any cocktail where you can’t taste the alcohol.)
anndddd you know.. i case i haven’t told you a billion times already….
ITS FALL. so i trashed these up with fresh apple cider. yes. please.
did you know that my absolute favorite vodka is this orient apple?
i have a full liquor cabinet but if people try to touch my orient apple there ARE issues. sorry. it’s mine. i love the ginger/apple combo! which is why i figured it would be PERFECT in this mule. with APPLE cider and GINGER beer. duh.
you know. this really has me reminiscing about my time in Seattle.
i miss Deb, Geoff, and Cameron. AND. i miss cocktail hour.
i think i need to start making myself fancy cocktails after work to relax. once i make it through this test thats going to be my rule. always.
so. traditionally moscow mules are served in copper cups! (mine are from rachel’s ginger beer fyi)
but i think they taste better when made in a copper cocktail shaker!
because i’m a psychopath. obvi
also. maybe they’d taste better if i managed to make my crushed ice in a copper vitamix?
i admit i have SERIOUS ISSUES. i get it.
but really… it might taste better.
UH HI DOESNT THAT LOOK LIKE FALL IN A GLASS???
the answer is yes. it does.
can you wear a scarf and sip it? yes you can.
on a side note: i’m obsessing over ALL of the starbucks fall mugs. i have a serious problem.
is crushed ice a requirement?
did you think i’d say no? sorrrrrrry. but it just makes EVERYTHING better. so do the crushed ice. even if it means you have to blend ice like i did.
have you ever seen a human being be SO EXCITED about a drink? he literally looks like a kid in a candy store in that ^^ pic.
i can’t deal. it’s too much.
NOW GO HAVE A MULE and lets end with him sipping one:
- 4 oz apple cider
- 4 oz apple ginger vodka (alternatively use apple or caramel vodka)
- 1 bottle of ginger beer
- crushed ice
- apple slices & cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Fill two copper mugs with ice.
- Combine the vodka and cider in a cocktail shaker over a few ice cubes and shake.
- Divide the contents into the mugs and top them off with ginger beer. Add in the apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish!
FALLLLLL. COPPER. TOO MUCH. I CANT. DEAD.
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links and/or other affiliate/referral links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. i may earn discounts or a percentage of purchases through other affiliate/referral links within this post. I only endorse products/services I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i’m recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.