Apple Crisps for Two
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 macintosh apples
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel apple granola
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Using a melon baller, cut balls out of the two apples ( or just chop the apple into pieces).
- Melt two tablespoons of butter ( i stick it in the microwave for six seconds at a time until its melted!). Stir brown sugar and cinnamon into melted butter. Pour the butter over the apple balls and divide evenly into two ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes (i always put my ramekins on a cookie sheet so i don’t have to struggle getting them in and out of the oven).
- While the apples are baking, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and pour over the granola, stirring until combined.
- After the apples have baked for twenty minutes, spoon the granola mixture on top and press it down gently with a spoon. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until the granola starts to brown on top.
- Allow the ramekins to cool for a few minutes or serve immediately with oven mitts/pot holders to avoid burning yourself/guests on the ramekins!
- this recipe is easily divided to make one crisp or doubled to make additional ones. always use 1 apple, 1.5 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cup of granola per crisp!
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 417
- Sugar: 29
- Sodium: 13
- Fat: 25
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 47
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 46