Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 480
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- 1 pork tenderloin (approx. 2 pounds)
- 12 ounces root beer
- 1 + 1/2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 packet of lipton onion soup mix
- Remove the pork from the plastic and trim any fat that you see and place it in your crock pot. If you have a small slow cooker, you may need to cut the tenderloin in half (don’t worry, I did it with mine and it doesn’t change a thing about the taste/flavor/tenderness).
- In a bowl, combine the root beer, 1 cup of barbecue sauce, and half the lipton onion soup mix. Sprinkle the remaining soup mix directly on the pork. Pour the root beer mixture into the crockpot.
- Cook for 7-8 hours on low or 5-6 on high (I recommend doing it on low!).
- After the pork is cooked remove it from the crock pot, shred with two forks, and return to the crockpot to soak up the remaining root beer/barbecue mixture. Add in the additional 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce and mix together.
- At this point I usually let it heat through again, the pork tends to cool off when I’m shredding it, for about 20 minutes on low. Then you just serve it however you want!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 826
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 41